Teck CEO says major M&A speculation "grossly overblown"
TORONTO, April 23
TORONTO, April 23 (Reuters) - Teck Resources Ltd is not currently planning a major takeover and will be prudent with the use of its balance sheet, the diversified miner's chief executive said on Tuesday.
"There has been a lot of speculation about us pursuing major M&A transactions and I can tell you this is grossly overblown," Teck's Don Lindsay told a conference call with investors.
The Canadian company has been touted as a potential suitor for Rio Tinto Plc's iron ore assets in Eastern Canada.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message