TransAlta posts loss on pension funding
April 23 (Reuters) - Canadian power generation company TransAlta Corp reported a first-quarter loss, hurt in part by a one-time charge related to pension funding obligations.
The company posted a loss of C$11 million, or 4 Canadian cents per share, in the first quarter, compared with a profit of C$88 million, or 39 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 16 percent to C$540 million (about $526 million).
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections