TransAlta posts loss on pension funding
April 23 (Reuters) - Canadian power generation company TransAlta Corp reported a first-quarter loss, hurt in part by a one-time charge related to pension funding obligations.
The company posted a loss of C$11 million, or 4 Canadian cents per share, in the first quarter, compared with a profit of C$88 million, or 39 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 16 percent to C$540 million (about $526 million).
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps