Travelers posts higher first-quarter profit, raises dividend
April 23 (Reuters) - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a higher first-quarter profit, helped by a decline in natural disaster losses and rising insurance rates.
Travelers also raised its quarterly dividend to 50 cents per share from 46 cents per share.
The company's first-quarter net profit rose to $896 million, or $2.33 per share, from $806 million, or $2.02 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned $2.31 per share.
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran in last-ditch bid to clinch historic nuclear deal
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine