Travelers posts higher first-quarter profit, raises dividend
April 23 (Reuters) - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a higher first-quarter profit, helped by a decline in natural disaster losses and rising insurance rates.
Travelers also raised its quarterly dividend to 50 cents per share from 46 cents per share.
The company's first-quarter net profit rose to $896 million, or $2.33 per share, from $806 million, or $2.02 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned $2.31 per share.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software