United Tech profit, revenue jump on aerospace sales
April 23 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer United Technologies Corp reported a jump in profit and revenue on Tuesday, helped in part by sales to aerospace and defense customers.
United Tech, also the world's largest maker of elevators and air conditioners, posted first-quarter profit of $1.27 billion, or $1.39 per share, compared with $330 million, or $1.31 per share, in the year-ago period.
The year-ago figures included a one-time charge for discontinued operations.
Revenue rose 16 percent to $14.39 billion.
United Tech stood by its forecast for 2013 earnings per share of $5.85 to $6.15.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |