United Tech profit, revenue jump on aerospace sales
April 23 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer United Technologies Corp reported a jump in profit and revenue on Tuesday, helped in part by sales to aerospace and defense customers.
United Tech, also the world's largest maker of elevators and air conditioners, posted first-quarter profit of $1.27 billion, or $1.39 per share, compared with $330 million, or $1.31 per share, in the year-ago period.
The year-ago figures included a one-time charge for discontinued operations.
Revenue rose 16 percent to $14.39 billion.
United Tech stood by its forecast for 2013 earnings per share of $5.85 to $6.15.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner