United Tech profit, revenue jump on aerospace sales
April 23 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer United Technologies Corp reported a jump in profit and revenue on Tuesday, helped in part by sales to aerospace and defense customers.
United Tech, also the world's largest maker of elevators and air conditioners, posted first-quarter profit of $1.27 billion, or $1.39 per share, compared with $330 million, or $1.31 per share, in the year-ago period.
The year-ago figures included a one-time charge for discontinued operations.
Revenue rose 16 percent to $14.39 billion.
United Tech stood by its forecast for 2013 earnings per share of $5.85 to $6.15.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Shelling of Gaza school kills at least 15; toll nears 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC