Encana operating profit falls on hedging losses
(Reuters) - EnCana Corp (ECA.TO), Canada's No.1 natural gas producer, reported a 25 percent fall in first-quarter operating profit due to hedging losses.
Encana's net operating income, which excludes most one-time items, fell to $179 million, or 24 cents per share, from $240 million, or 33 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company reported a first-quarter net loss of $431 million, compared with a profit of $12 million a year earlier.
(Reporting by Scott Haggett in Calgary and Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine