Encana operating profit falls on hedging losses
(Reuters) - EnCana Corp (ECA.TO), Canada's No.1 natural gas producer, reported a 25 percent fall in first-quarter operating profit due to hedging losses.
Encana's net operating income, which excludes most one-time items, fell to $179 million, or 24 cents per share, from $240 million, or 33 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company reported a first-quarter net loss of $431 million, compared with a profit of $12 million a year earlier.
(Reporting by Scott Haggett in Calgary and Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'