Two al Qaeda suspects arrested in Spain
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police arrested two men suspected of being linked to militant Islamist network al Qaeda, the government said in a statement on Tuesday.
One man, an Algerian, was arrested in the eastern province of Zaragoza and the other, a Morrocan, in the southern province of Murcia, after a joint operation between Spain, France and Morocco, the statement said.
A spokesman for the Interior Ministry declined to give any further information.
(Reporting by Sonya Dowsett; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |