Two al Qaeda suspects arrested in Spain
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police arrested two men suspected of being linked to militant Islamist network al Qaeda, the government said in a statement on Tuesday.
One man, an Algerian, was arrested in the eastern province of Zaragoza and the other, a Morrocan, in the southern province of Murcia, after a joint operation between Spain, France and Morocco, the statement said.
A spokesman for the Interior Ministry declined to give any further information.
(Reporting by Sonya Dowsett; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia