Wimbledon unveil plans for roof over Number One Court by 2019
LONDON (Reuters) - Wimbledon's Number One Court will have a retractable roof by 2019, the All England Club said on Tuesday.
Wimbledon broke with tradition by installing a roof on Centre Court in 2009 so play can continue even during the often fickle British summer weather.
Chairman Philip Brook told a news conference the design process would begin shortly, taking two years to complete before a three-year construction process.
(Reporting by Martyn Herman, Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea