Travelers posts higher first-quarter profit, raises dividend
(Reuters) - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc (TRV.N) posted a higher first-quarter profit, helped by a decline in natural disaster losses and rising insurance rates.
Travelers also raised its quarterly dividend to 50 cents per share from 46 cents per share.
The company's first-quarter net profit rose to $896 million, or $2.33 per share, from $806 million, or $2.02 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned $2.31 per share.
(Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |