Travelers posts higher first-quarter profit, raises dividend
(Reuters) - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc (TRV.N) posted a higher first-quarter profit, helped by a decline in natural disaster losses and rising insurance rates.
Travelers also raised its quarterly dividend to 50 cents per share from 46 cents per share.
The company's first-quarter net profit rose to $896 million, or $2.33 per share, from $806 million, or $2.02 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Travelers earned $2.31 per share.
(Reporting by Aman Shah in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt