Life insurer Aflac's net profit rises 13 pct
April 24 (Reuters) - Life insurer Aflac Inc reported a 13 percent rise in net profit, helped by strong revenue growth in its Japanese unit.
Net profit rose to $892 million, or $1.90 per share, for the first-quarter ended March 31, from $785 million, or $1.68 per share, a year earlier.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'