Life insurer Aflac's net profit rises 13 pct
April 24 (Reuters) - Life insurer Aflac Inc reported a 13 percent rise in net profit, helped by strong revenue growth in its Japanese unit.
Net profit rose to $892 million, or $1.90 per share, for the first-quarter ended March 31, from $785 million, or $1.68 per share, a year earlier.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions