Akamai quarterly profit rises 66 pct
April 24 (Reuters) - Internet content delivery company Akamai Technologies Inc reported about 66 percent rise in quarterly profit due to increased online activity for its media clients.
Net income rose to $71.5 million, or 39 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $43.2 million, or 24 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 15 percent to $368 million.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter