Barrick profit falls on lower prices, sales volumes
April 24 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp, the world's top gold producer, reported an 18 percent drop in first-quarter profit due to lower gold and copper prices, and lower volumes.
Net profit fell to $847 million, or 85 cents per share, from $1.04 billion, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, it earned $923 million, or 92 cents per share.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |