Barrick profit falls on lower prices, sales volumes
April 24 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp, the world's top gold producer, reported an 18 percent drop in first-quarter profit due to lower gold and copper prices, and lower volumes.
Net profit fell to $847 million, or 85 cents per share, from $1.04 billion, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, it earned $923 million, or 92 cents per share.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data