Barrick profit falls on lower prices, sales volumes
April 24 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp, the world's top gold producer, reported an 18 percent drop in first-quarter profit due to lower gold and copper prices, and lower volumes.
Net profit fell to $847 million, or 85 cents per share, from $1.04 billion, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, it earned $923 million, or 92 cents per share.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev