Corning profit rises on strong demand for Gorilla Glass
April 24 (Reuters) - Specialty glass maker Corning Inc reported a 4 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by continued growth of its scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass used in smartphones and tablets.
The net income rose to $494 million, or 33 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $474 million, or 31 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue was nearly flat at $1.81 billion.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |