Equinix profit misses estimates
April 24 (Reuters) - Equinix Inc posted a first-quarter profit well below analysts' expectations as its cost of sales jumped 19 percent, and the data center operator forecast weaker-than-expected second-quarter revenue, sending its shares down 7.5 percent.
Net income rose to $35.9 million, or 71 cents per share, in the first quarter from $34.5 million, or 71 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 17 percent to $519.5 million.
Analysts on average had expected an adjusted profit of 78 cents per share on revenue of $521.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company fell to $203 in extended trading.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |