Ford profit surpasses estimates as North America shines
DETROIT, April 24
DETROIT, April 24 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co reported better-than-expected first-quarter results on Wednesday as new models boosted the automaker's pretax profit in North America to its highest level since at least 2000, when it began reporting the region as a separate unit.
The second-largest U.S. automaker reported a pretax profit of $2.1 billion, or 41 cents per share. This exceeded the analysts' average estimate of 37 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data