Short-seller Chanos: Herbalife 'not viable' long-term - CNBC
NEW YORK, April 24
NEW YORK, April 24 (Reuters) - Well-known short-seller James Chanos, the president and founder of New York-based Kynikos Associates, told CNBC on Wednesday that nutritional supplement company Herbalife is "not a viable business long-term."
Chanos, who had a short position in Herbalife in 2012 and closed out position in the fourth quarter, said the "multi-level marketing model is flawed."
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics