Short-seller Chanos: Herbalife 'not viable' long-term - CNBC
NEW YORK, April 24
NEW YORK, April 24 (Reuters) - Well-known short-seller James Chanos, the president and founder of New York-based Kynikos Associates, told CNBC on Wednesday that nutritional supplement company Herbalife is "not a viable business long-term."
Chanos, who had a short position in Herbalife in 2012 and closed out position in the fourth quarter, said the "multi-level marketing model is flawed."
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA