RPT-Italy president names Enrico Letta to form new government
ROME, April 24
ROME, April 24 (Reuters) - Italian centre-left politician Enrico Letta received a mandate to form a new government from President Giorgio Napolitano, an official at the Quirinale Palace announced on Wednesday.
Letta, the nephew of former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's long-time chief of staff Gianni Letta and deputy leader of the Democratic Party, is considered a moderate acceptable to the centre-right.
His appointment was announced by Donato Marra, head of Napolitano's secretariat.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |