CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises with higher commodities; Barrick up after results
TORONTO, April 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Wednesday, helped by a jump in Barrick Gold Corp shares after it reported results and gains in other materials and energy stocks, which received a lift from higher commodity prices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 37.41 points, or 0.31 percent, at 12,128.35 shortly after the open.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |