Motorola Solutions profit rises 21 percent
April 24 (Reuters) - Communications gear maker Motorola Solutions Inc posted a 21 percent rise in quarterly profit, but said it expects second-quarter revenue to be flat to down 2 percent from a year earlier.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $192 million, or 68 cents per share in the first quarter, from $159 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose by about a percent to $1.97 billion. Sales in its government business, which brought in nearly 70 percent of its total revenue last year, rose 3 percent to $1.35 billion.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square