Motorola Solutions profit rises 21 percent
April 24 (Reuters) - Communications gear maker Motorola Solutions Inc posted a 21 percent rise in quarterly profit, but said it expects second-quarter revenue to be flat to down 2 percent from a year earlier.
Net income from continuing operations rose to $192 million, or 68 cents per share in the first quarter, from $159 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose by about a percent to $1.97 billion. Sales in its government business, which brought in nearly 70 percent of its total revenue last year, rose 3 percent to $1.35 billion.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |