Nasdaq earnings fall on charges related to Facebook IPO
April 24 (Reuters) - Nasdaq OMX Group Inc reported on Wednesday a lower first-quarter profit, as the transatlantic exchange operator set aside cash to reimburse firms harmed in Facebook Inc's botched market debut last May.
Net income attributable to Nasdaq totaled $42 million, or 25 cents per share, down from $84 million, or 48 cents a share, a year earlier.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors