S&P affirms New Jersey's AA-minus GO bond rating
April 24 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Wednesday affirmed New Jersey's AA-minus general obligation bond rating with a negative outlook.
In addition, S&P rated the state's general obligation bonds series 2013 AA-minus with a negative outlook.
"The rating is constrained by New Jersey's trend of structurally unbalanced budgets that include only partial funding of pension obligations and the reliance on one-time revenues and debt restructurings to offset underfunding of expenditures and revenue shortfalls," said S&P credit analyst John Sugden.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown