PPR buys Italian jewellery group Pomellato
PARIS, April 24
PARIS, April 24 (Reuters) - French luxury and retail group PPR said it bought profitable Italian jewellery group Pomellato to boost its portfolio of luxury brands in the high growth jewellery market.
The transaction is expected to be finalised in the coming weeks, and Andrea Morante will remain chief executive of the company, PPR said in a statement on Wednesday.
Pomellato had 2012 revenue of 146 million euros ($190.02 million), PPR said. It has two brands, Pomellato and Dodo, the first in the fine jewellery sector and the latter offering accessible jewellery. ($1 = 0.7683 euros) (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Catherine Bremer)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand