REFILE-Praxair profit falls as Europe sales weaken
April 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Praxair Inc reported a 7 percent drop in first-quarter profit due to weak sales in Europe, its third-biggest market.
The company's net profit fell to $391 million, or $1.30 per share, in the first quarter, from $419 million, or $1.38 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose more than 1 percent to $2.89 billion.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government