REFILE-Praxair profit falls as Europe sales weaken
April 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Praxair Inc reported a 7 percent drop in first-quarter profit due to weak sales in Europe, its third-biggest market.
The company's net profit fell to $391 million, or $1.30 per share, in the first quarter, from $419 million, or $1.38 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose more than 1 percent to $2.89 billion.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |