REFILE-Praxair profit falls as Europe sales weaken
April 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Praxair Inc reported a 7 percent drop in first-quarter profit due to weak sales in Europe, its third-biggest market.
The company's net profit fell to $391 million, or $1.30 per share, in the first quarter, from $419 million, or $1.38 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose more than 1 percent to $2.89 billion.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds