Rockwell Automation profit rises 5 percent
April 24 (Reuters) - Rockwell Automation Inc reported a 5 percent increase in quarterly profit, as a rise in operating margins more than offset a drop in sales.
Net income rose to $175.9 million, or $1.24 per share, in the second quarter, from $167.8 million, or $1.16 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items Rockwell, which makes systems that help factories run more smoothly, earned $1.33 per share.
Revenue fell 2.5 percent to $1.52 billion.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation