Life insurer Aflac's net profit rises 13 percent
(Reuters) - Life insurer Aflac Inc (AFL.N) reported a 13 percent rise in net profit, helped by strong revenue growth in its Japanese unit.
Net profit rose to $892 million, or $1.90 per share, for the first-quarter ended March 31, from $785 million, or $1.68 per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image