Four children dead in South Carolina mobile home fire
(Reuters) - Four children, aged 1 to 4, died in Hartsville, South Carolina, when the mobile home in which they lived with their mother caught fire on Wednesday, according to local media reports.
Firefighters were quickly on the scene but too late to save the trapped children, including twin 1-year-old girls, Hartsville Public Information Officer Russell Cox told The Morning News in South Carolina.
The children's mother was in the home's yard when firefighters arrived, Darlington County Sheriff Wayne Byrd told reporters.
The identities of the children have not been released.
(Writing by David Adams; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Jokowi party claims victory in Indonesian presidential election