Chipmaker Altera's quarterly revenue below expectations
SAN FRANCISCO, April 25
SAN FRANCISCO, April 25 (Reuters) - Altera Corp posted revenue slightly below expectations in the first quarter and the programmable chipmaker said it was beginning to see a recovery from a dip in demand from its communications and industrial customers.
Altera said on Thursday its first-quarter sales were $410.5 million, up 7 percent from the year-ago quarter.
It projected sales in the current quarter to be between flat and up 4 percent compared to the first quarter.
Analysts on average expected first-quarter sales of $414 million and second-quarter sales of $449 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
In the first quarter, Altera had net income of $120 million, on 37 cents a share, compared to $116 million, or 35 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |