Finland's Amer Sports profit falls 11 pct
HELSINKI, April 25
HELSINKI, April 25 (Reuters) - Finnish sporting goods group Amer Sports reported an 11 percent fall in operating profit on Thursday, citing cautious consumer spending.
It forecast an improvement for the full year, however, and said net sales would likely grow by at least five percent.
The company said its first-quarter operating profit fell to 26.4 million euros from 29.6 million euros a year earlier. Analysts on average expected 31.8 million euros, according to a Reuters poll.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped