CORRECTED-Avnet quarterly profit falls on higher expenses
(Corrects paragraph 3 revenue to billions, not millions)
April 25 (Reuters) - Electronic products distributor Avnet Inc reported a 42 percent drop in quarterly profit, hurt by higher expenses.
Net income fell to $86.2 million, or 62 cents per share, in the third quarter from $147.6 million, or $1.00 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 0.3 percent to $6.29 billion. (Reporting By Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iran nuclear talks set to resume next month after missing deadline
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Some fund managers see oil falling to $60 without OPEC cut
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video