Bank of China Q1 net profit up 8 pct, meets expectations
HONG KONG, April 25
HONG KONG, April 25 (Reuters) - Bank of China , the country's No.4 lender, reported earnings in line with expectations on Thursday as income from advisory work helped to offset weaker loan growth.
The bank said it made a net profit of 39.8 billion yuan ($6.44 billion) in the January-March quarter, in line with expectations for a 39.5 billion yuan profit, according to a Reuters survey of six analysts. The net result was up 8 percent from its 36.8 billion yuan profit in the same period last year.
($1 = 6.1781 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Kelvin Soh; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea