BB Seguridade raises $5.74 bln in world's largest IPO this year
SAO PAULO, April 25
SAO PAULO, April 25 (Reuters) - Brazilian insurance and pension company BB Seguridade Participações SA raised 11.48 billion reais ($5.74 billion) in an initial public offering late on Thursday, the world's largest this year.
The company priced shares at 17 reais each, according to a source familiar with the deal. About 675 million common shares were sold in the transaction, according to data in securities regulator CVM's Website.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls