Chubb profit rises 30 pct as insurance rates improve
April 25 (Reuters) - Insurer Chubb Corp reported a 30 percent rise in first-quarter profit as insurance rates continued to improve in the United States.
Net profit rose to $656 million, or $2.48 per share, in the quarter from $506 million, or $1.83 per share, a year earlier.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea