Chubb profit rises 30 pct as insurance rates improve
April 25 (Reuters) - Insurer Chubb Corp reported a 30 percent rise in first-quarter profit as insurance rates continued to improve in the United States.
Net profit rose to $656 million, or $2.48 per share, in the quarter from $506 million, or $1.83 per share, a year earlier.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister