Essilor confirms full-year growth targets
PARIS, April 25
PARIS, April 25 (Reuters) - Essilor, the world's largest maker of corrective eye lenses, confirmed its target for like-for-like sales growth including bolt-on acquisitions of more than 7 percent this year and a high level of profitability.
Sales rose 0.5 percent in the first quarter of the year to 1.276 billion euros ($1.66 billion), buoyed by growth in the Asia-Pacific region and Africa, Essilor said on Thursday.
"Despite the economic uncertainties weighing on consumer spending in certain regions of the world, we remain confident that we will achieve our objectives for 2013," Chief Executive Hubert Sagnieres said in a statement. ($1 = 0.7695 euros) (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image