Exxon quarterly profit up slightly
April 25(Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp's quarterly profit edged up, as the world's largest publicly traded oil company's results were helped by higher earnings in its chemicals business.
Profit in the first quarter was $9.5 billion, or $2.12 per share compared with $9.45 billion, or $2.00 per share a year earlier, the company reported on Thursday.
Exxon's total oil and natural gas production declined 3.5 percent from the same quarter a year ago.
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home