Exxon quarterly profit up slightly
April 25(Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp's quarterly profit edged up, as the world's largest publicly traded oil company's results were helped by higher earnings in its chemicals business.
Profit in the first quarter was $9.5 billion, or $2.12 per share compared with $9.45 billion, or $2.00 per share a year earlier, the company reported on Thursday.
Exxon's total oil and natural gas production declined 3.5 percent from the same quarter a year ago.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square