Exxon quarterly profit up slightly
April 25(Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp's quarterly profit edged up, as the world's largest publicly traded oil company's results were helped by higher earnings in its chemicals business.
Profit in the first quarter was $9.5 billion, or $2.12 per share compared with $9.45 billion, or $2.00 per share a year earlier, the company reported on Thursday.
Exxon's total oil and natural gas production declined 3.5 percent from the same quarter a year ago.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Islamic State presses assault on Syrian border town, Kurds warn Turkey |