CORRECTED-Fusion-io forecasts 4th-qtr revenue above estimates; shares jump
(Corrects last paragraph to say shares rose, not fell, to $18.42)
April 24 (Reuters) - Memory drive maker Fusion-io Inc reported a larger loss for the third quarter but forecast fourth-quarter revenue ahead of analysts' estimates, pushing up its shares 11 percent in after-hours trading.
The company, which makes solid state memory drives using NAND flash technology, forecast revenue of about $110 million for the fourth quarter. Analysts on average were expecting $107.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Fusion-io's net loss increased to $20 million, or 21 cents per share, in the third quarter ended March 31, from $4.7 million, 5 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the loss was 3 cents per share.
Revenue fell 7 percent to $87.7 million.
Fusion-io shares rose to $18.42 in after-market trading after closing at $16.63 on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday. (Reporting By Aditya Kondalamahanty in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions