KBR reports 1st-qtr profit falls, but it says margins rise
April 25 (Reuters) - Engineering company KBR Inc reported on Thursday a small decline in quarterly earnings and improved profit margins as it worked hard turning around some of its previously discussed "problem projects."
KBR said it made a first-quarter profit of $88 million, or 59 cents per share, down from $91 million, or 61 cents per share, a year before. Revenue fell 7 percent to $1.86 billion, compared with analysts' average estimate of $1.92 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’