KBR reports 1st-qtr profit falls, but it says margins rise
April 25 (Reuters) - Engineering company KBR Inc reported on Thursday a small decline in quarterly earnings and improved profit margins as it worked hard turning around some of its previously discussed "problem projects."
KBR said it made a first-quarter profit of $88 million, or 59 cents per share, down from $91 million, or 61 cents per share, a year before. Revenue fell 7 percent to $1.86 billion, compared with analysts' average estimate of $1.92 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe