CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher on positive data, Potash earnings
TORONTO, April 25 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index extended its gains into a sixth straight session on Thursday, buoyed by positive U.S. economic data and an stronger-than-expected earnings report from Potash Corp . The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 35.15 points, or 0.29 percent, at 12,305.58 shortly after the open.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |