Seoul shares up on Q1 GDP, SK Hynix firms after earnings
SEOUL, April 25
SEOUL, April 25 (Reuters) - Seoul shares opened higher on Thursday after Asia's fourth-largest economy posted better-than-expected economic growth in the first quarter.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.2 percent at 1,940.28 points at 0004 GMT.
Chipmaker SK Hynix rose 1.5 percent after posting forecast-beating profits in the previous session. (Reporting by Somang Yang; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee