Seoul shares up on Q1 GDP, SK Hynix firms after earnings
SEOUL, April 25
SEOUL, April 25 (Reuters) - Seoul shares opened higher on Thursday after Asia's fourth-largest economy posted better-than-expected economic growth in the first quarter.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.2 percent at 1,940.28 points at 0004 GMT.
Chipmaker SK Hynix rose 1.5 percent after posting forecast-beating profits in the previous session. (Reporting by Somang Yang; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings