Seoul shares up on Q1 GDP, SK Hynix firms after earnings
SEOUL, April 25
SEOUL, April 25 (Reuters) - Seoul shares opened higher on Thursday after Asia's fourth-largest economy posted better-than-expected economic growth in the first quarter.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.2 percent at 1,940.28 points at 0004 GMT.
Chipmaker SK Hynix rose 1.5 percent after posting forecast-beating profits in the previous session. (Reporting by Somang Yang; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |