Munich Re sees Q1 net profit of close to 1 bln euros
FRANKFURT, April 25
FRANKFURT, April 25 (Reuters) - Munich Re said it expects to deliver first quarter net profit of close to 1 billion euros ($1.3 billion), putting it on course to reach its full-year profit target.
"We are aiming for a consolidated result of close to 3 billion euros" for the year, Munich Re Chief Executive Nikolaus von Bomhard said in a statement released ahead of the reinsurer's annual shareholder meeting on Thursday.
"Following the good result for the first quarter, we are confident of being able to achieve our profit target," he said.
Munich Re, the worlds' biggest reinsurer, is due to publish first-quarter results on May 7.
($1 = 0.7695 euros) (Reporting by Jonathan Gould; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote