Munich Re sees Q1 net profit of close to 1 bln euros
FRANKFURT, April 25
FRANKFURT, April 25 (Reuters) - Munich Re said it expects to deliver first quarter net profit of close to 1 billion euros ($1.3 billion), putting it on course to reach its full-year profit target.
"We are aiming for a consolidated result of close to 3 billion euros" for the year, Munich Re Chief Executive Nikolaus von Bomhard said in a statement released ahead of the reinsurer's annual shareholder meeting on Thursday.
"Following the good result for the first quarter, we are confident of being able to achieve our profit target," he said.
Munich Re, the worlds' biggest reinsurer, is due to publish first-quarter results on May 7.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped