New York Times reports lower revenue on ad slide
April 25 (Reuters) - New York Times Co reported a decline in quarterly revenue as advertisers pulled back their spending.
First-quarter revenue fell 2 percent to $465.9 million, below analysts' expectations of $470.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company reported on Thursday earnings per share from continuing operations of 2 cents compared with 6 cents in the same period last year.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials