Precision Drilling profit falls on lower North American drilling
April 25 (Reuters) - Precision Drilling Corp, Canada's largest oil and gas drilling contractor, reported a 16 percent decline in first-quarter earnings, hurt by lower North American drilling activity due to depressed natural gas prices.
The company's net earnings fell to C$93.3 million, or 33 Canadian cents per share, in the first quarter, from C$111.1 million, or 39 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 7 percent to C$595.7 million.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted