UPDATE 1-S&P revises Suriname BB-minus credit rating outlook to positive
April 25 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Thursday it revised Suriname's sovereign credit rating outlook to positive from stable.
The rating agency also affirmed Suriname's BB-minus foreign sovereign credit rating.
S&P said "the outlook revision reflects the expectation that large investments in the mining and oil sectors could lead to higher growth prospects as well as higher levels of exports and government revenues."
The positive outlook also includes the expectation of continued gross domestic product growth and current account surpluses. S&P expects Suriname to strengthen fiscal policy, the rating agency said in a statement.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |