UPDATE 1-S&P revises Suriname BB-minus credit rating outlook to positive
April 25 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Thursday it revised Suriname's sovereign credit rating outlook to positive from stable.
The rating agency also affirmed Suriname's BB-minus foreign sovereign credit rating.
S&P said "the outlook revision reflects the expectation that large investments in the mining and oil sectors could lead to higher growth prospects as well as higher levels of exports and government revenues."
The positive outlook also includes the expectation of continued gross domestic product growth and current account surpluses. S&P expects Suriname to strengthen fiscal policy, the rating agency said in a statement.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media