UPDATE 1-S&P revises Suriname BB-minus credit rating outlook to positive
April 25 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Thursday it revised Suriname's sovereign credit rating outlook to positive from stable.
The rating agency also affirmed Suriname's BB-minus foreign sovereign credit rating.
S&P said "the outlook revision reflects the expectation that large investments in the mining and oil sectors could lead to higher growth prospects as well as higher levels of exports and government revenues."
The positive outlook also includes the expectation of continued gross domestic product growth and current account surpluses. S&P expects Suriname to strengthen fiscal policy, the rating agency said in a statement.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'