Temasek says comfortable with Olam's credit, prospects
SINGAPORE, April 25
SINGAPORE, April 25 (Reuters) - Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd said on Thursday it was comfortable with Olam International Ltd's credit position and its longer-term prospects.
The statement came after Olam, whose biggest shareholder is Temasek with 24 percent, announced a new strategic plan to halve its capital spending between 2014 and 2016, cut its stake in a urea plant in Gabon and reduce its debt levels.
Temasek increased its stake in Olam after Muddy Waters criticised the company's business practices and sparked a tumble in its bond and share prices. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case