Temasek says comfortable with Olam's credit, prospects
SINGAPORE, April 25
SINGAPORE, April 25 (Reuters) - Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd said on Thursday it was comfortable with Olam International Ltd's credit position and its longer-term prospects.
The statement came after Olam, whose biggest shareholder is Temasek with 24 percent, announced a new strategic plan to halve its capital spending between 2014 and 2016, cut its stake in a urea plant in Gabon and reduce its debt levels.
Temasek increased its stake in Olam after Muddy Waters criticised the company's business practices and sparked a tumble in its bond and share prices. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections