Temasek says comfortable with Olam's credit, prospects
SINGAPORE, April 25
SINGAPORE, April 25 (Reuters) - Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd said on Thursday it was comfortable with Olam International Ltd's credit position and its longer-term prospects.
The statement came after Olam, whose biggest shareholder is Temasek with 24 percent, announced a new strategic plan to halve its capital spending between 2014 and 2016, cut its stake in a urea plant in Gabon and reduce its debt levels.
Temasek increased its stake in Olam after Muddy Waters criticised the company's business practices and sparked a tumble in its bond and share prices. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |