Temasek says comfortable with Olam's credit, prospects
SINGAPORE, April 25
SINGAPORE, April 25 (Reuters) - Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd said on Thursday it was comfortable with Olam International Ltd's credit position and its longer-term prospects.
The statement came after Olam, whose biggest shareholder is Temasek with 24 percent, announced a new strategic plan to halve its capital spending between 2014 and 2016, cut its stake in a urea plant in Gabon and reduce its debt levels.
Temasek increased its stake in Olam after Muddy Waters criticised the company's business practices and sparked a tumble in its bond and share prices. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions