Chipmaker Altera's quarterly revenue below expectations
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Altera Corp posted revenue slightly below expectations in the first quarter and the programmable chipmaker said it was beginning to see a recovery from a dip in demand from its communications and industrial customers.
Altera said on Thursday its first-quarter sales were $410.5 million, up 7 percent from the year-ago quarter.
It projected sales in the current quarter to be between flat and up 4 percent compared to the first quarter.
Analysts on average expected first-quarter sales of $414 million and second-quarter sales of $449 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
In the first quarter, Altera had net income of $120 million, on 37 cents a share, compared to $116 million, or 35 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter.
(Reporting By Noel Randewich. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N