Avnet quarterly profit falls on higher expenses
(Reuters) - Electronic products distributor Avnet Inc (AVT.N) reported a 42 percent drop in quarterly profit, hurt by higher expenses.
Net income fell to $86.2 million, or 62 cents per share, in the third quarter from $147.6 million, or $1.00 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 0.3 percent to $6.29 million.
(Reporting By Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |