Boston suspects planned bombs in New York's Times Square: sources
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Investigators believe the two Boston bombing suspects had planned to set off bombs in New York's Times Square, law enforcement and national security sources said on Thursday.
One source said this was based on information that surviving suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told investigators in a Boston hospital, where he is recovering from wounds.
(Reporting by Alistair Bell; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- Defense at bin Laden son-in-law trial cites alleged 9/11 mastermind