Boston suspects planned bombs in New York's Times Square: sources
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Investigators believe the two Boston bombing suspects had planned to set off bombs in New York's Times Square, law enforcement and national security sources said on Thursday.
One source said this was based on information that surviving suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told investigators in a Boston hospital, where he is recovering from wounds.
(Reporting by Alistair Bell; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid